Recently, Microsoft has launched the latest version 1803 of Windows 10 and became the talk of the town. Almost everyone wants to grab its latest new features, especially after it has announced that it will be available for free for the entire life cycle of the devices. And this is the first time Microsoft is announcing after the launch of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
Windows 10 gets compatible with almost all the devices including Mac, PC as well as Smartphones. To enjoy its features, one needs to install the Windows 10 with the correct steps.
Install Windows 10 For Mac
Before going for installing check out the Mac that supports Windows 10-
- Compatible models-
- Mac Book Pro (2012 or later)
- Mac Book Air (2012 and later)
- Mac Book (2015 and later)
- iMac (2012 and later)
- Mac mini (2012 and later)
- Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Should have 32GB free space on hard drive
Go for installing Windows 10 with Boot Camp, after you are done with downloading Windows 10 ISO. Follow the steps to install Windows 10 for Mac–
- In the ‘Applications’ option, look for ‘Utilities’ folder.
- From the ‘Utilities folder, install ‘Boot Camp Assistant’.
- Select the option ‘Continue’.
Please note- Boot Camp should automatically locate the ISO file on your Mac.
- In the ‘Partition’ section, click and drag the ‘slider’.
Please note- By default, it will be set to 48GB but it’s up to you how much you store within the limit.
- Select the option ‘Install’.
Please note- This option will lead Windows Support software to download.
- Enter your password.
- Click on the option ‘Ok’.
Please note- Mac will restart and the Windows 10 setup screen appears.
- Choose the language, according to your convenience.
- Select the option ‘Install Now’
- Enter the ‘Product key’ or click on the option ‘I don’t have a key’.
Please note- You can enter the product key after the installation gets over.
- Select one among the two options –‘Windows 10 Pro’ or ‘Windows 10’, as per your choice.
- Click on the option ‘Next’
- Select the option ‘Custom: Install Windows Only’
- Click on the option ‘Drive 0 Partition X:BOOTCAMP’
- Select the option ‘Next’.
Please note- After this step, Windows 10 will get installed and Mac will restart several times, during the process. So don’t panic!
- When the Windows 10 setup screen appears, click on the option ‘Use Express Settings’ or ‘Customize your installation’.
Please note- All the express settings can be modified after the installation gets over.
- Enter ‘Username’ or ‘Add a password’
- Select the option ‘Next’
- Choose according to your wish whether to use ‘Cortana’ or not.
When Windows10 gets launched for the first time in Mac, Boot Camp software installers will pop-up automatically. Check out the steps to Install Windows 10 partition from the Boot Camp software-
- Select the option ‘Install’
- Click on the option ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’
- Select the option ‘Install’ again.
- Click on the option ‘Finish’, when the installation gets over.
Please note- This is vital process as it will install bundle of software as well as drivers which will help to make Windows 10 experience smooth with Mac.
Install Windows 10 For PC
There are plenty of possibilities to install Windows 10 for PC, no matter from where you are upgrading- Windows 7 or Windows 8, installing the new version from scratching the Office retail card or reinstalling a fresh version of Windows 10. Free Windows 10 upgrade license can be possible.
There are several processes to get Windows 10 license for PC and many of them are still free-
- Upgrading From Windows 7 or Windows 8
Microsoft Office offers free Windows 10 upgrade to all PC users who use accessibility tools. One can still install Windows 10 and enter Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key in the installer to get access to free Windows 10 upgrade license.
Please note- If you ever performed the upgradation once then PC has the license of Windows 10 for the lifetime. So if you have upgraded Windows 10 while it was launched in the market then you have downgraded it.
Then let me enlighten you with the very good news that you’re still eligible to upgrade the same for free. As on Microsoft’s servers your PC license is stored.
- Go for purchasing a new PC or Laptop with Windows 10 installed.
If your new system came along with Windows 10 installed then most likely it has license key embedded into UEFI firmware. The manufacturer has already paid for the license, which make you eligible to reinstall the same without entering the product key.
Please note- Windows 10 installer will put the key from the chip on the motherboard.
- Buy a Windows 10 license.
If you’re building your PC but you haven’t installed any operating system then you can purchase Windows 10 license from Microsoft, just as the old version of Windows.
- You don’t need a Windows 10 product key.
You’ll receive message that tells you that your Windows 10 system isn’t licensed and needs to be activated, but it is going to be completely usable. After you have install Windows 10 without entering the product key.
You can also purchase Windows 10 license from the Store, to turn it into a proper licensed Windows 10 PC. This is the best way to test Windows 10 on a PC without purchasing it first.
Install Windows 10 for PC after the installation media is connected. Windows 10 installation file must be loaded onto a disc or flash drive and they must be inserted in your PC or desktop. Follow the steps to install Windows 10 for PC–
- Click on the ‘Start’ button or press ‘Win’ key from your keyboard.
- Click on the icon ‘Power’.
- And look for the ‘Restart’ option and click on it.
- After PC or laptop gets restart, press ‘Del’ or ‘F2’ to enter the setup
Please note- This keys may varies according to the PC, you are using. Some of the PC shows a display message on the startup as ‘Press [key] to enter the setup’ or something similar to this, to access the BIOS.
- Navigate to the ‘Boot’ tab.
Please note- With the use of the arrow keys, you need to select the boot tab.
- The ‘Boot’ tab is also known as ‘Boot Options’ depends on the PC’s manufacturer.
- Now select the device from which to boot:
- Select the option ‘Removable Devices’ from the USB flash drive.
- Select the option ‘CD-ROM’ option for the disc installation.
- You need to press ‘+’ key until the boot option comes first. Either ‘Removable Devices’ or ‘CD-ROM Drive, comes in the first list, your PC will select your choice as the default boot option.
Please note- On some PC you need to press any one of the function keys (F5) to navigate an option at the top of the menu.
- You need to save your settings. You may get to see key prompt (F10) at the bottom of the screen to ‘Save and Exit’ and restart your system. But before that you need to ‘confirm’ the changes.
- Wait patiently for the system to get restart.