With over 110 years of history, and spread across 40 countries till date, Brother is acing the printing, labelling and embroidery industries. Brother printers have also come up with amazing and exciting features and with more printing speeds and dynamisms. It is also easy to Install Brother printer, and operation is user-friendly too. To let you know how to install Brother printer, we will tell you steps in detail.
As you bring home a model of Brother printer, you will find a CD inside the package. This is the installation CD that contains a setup wizard. The steps to install Brother printer are as follows:
- Connect your Brother printer to a power source.
- Using the provided USB cable, connect the printer to your computer.
- Wait for a while as the connection between the two machines gets established automatically.
- Open Control Panel. Click on Add a Printer Device. At this point, your PC will look for any discoverable printer device around and show you a list of devices found, thereafter.
- In the next step to install Brother printer, click on the name of your printer from the list of devices found.
- You will now see a setup wizard. This is a simple process of prompts as the wizard will ask simple questions like setting the location of your printer files and setting printer to default.
- Complete the configuration and setup process.
- The next step to install Brother printer is to use the provided CD to install required Brother Printer drivers. Alternatively, you can download printer drivers from Brother’s official website.
Please note that, if you don’t have an installation CD, you can always download your printer software from the Internet. Brother printers are available in both business and home versions, and now some models have introduced wireless printing too.
Now, we are going to tell you how to install Brother printer when there’s no CD ROM available. The following process is also used when you have acquired a used Brother printer from your workplace and you obviously don’t have the disc to install Brother printer. Every printer company knows that its users may not keep their installation CDs safe; therefore, they have provided an online provision to download the setup wizard to install Brother printer. Follow below steps:
- Connect your Brother printer to the computer.
- Power on the printer and wait as it initializes.
- Power on your PC.
- Log in to your PC using the administrator account. Windows will now attempt to locate a suitable appropriate driver to install Brother printer If installation finishes, a message will appear in the system tray, reading, “the installation was successful.”
- Install the Brother Printer Drivers manually if the above process didn’t work. The next step will be to download printer drivers while you struggle on how to install Brother printer.
- Visit Brother’s Downloads page. Download the appropriate driver(s) for your Brother printer model. Follow instruction prompts to download and install the driver(s).
The above methods to install Brother printer are absolutely safe and simple. The official website of Brother also talks about various printer errors and their troubleshooting steps. You could also contact the expert team of Brother in case of any queries.