Recently, Microsoft has announced ‘Calling Plans’ for install Office 365 and many other latest update are made on it. From July, Microsoft has planned to update on their Training Services. Office 365 gets compatible easily with Windows 10, Mac, and Smartphones.
Office 365 is part of MS-Office suite and is a cloud-based subscription that provides the use of the Office apps. It is available to all users from the consumers, education to business. To grab the latest features of the Office 365 setup, one needs to download the same with the correct steps.
Install Office 365 on Mac
Before commencing with the installation of Office 365 on your Mac device, make sure you meet the system requirements and followed the correct steps to download the same.
To install MS-Office 365 on your Mac, follow the steps as listed below-
- Open the ‘Finder’ from your Mac dock.
- Select the option ‘Downloads’
- Double click on the ‘Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg’
- Select the option ‘Continue’ on the first installation screen, to commence the installation process.
- Read carefully the software license agreement and select the option ‘Continue’.
- Click on the option ‘Agree’ to agree to the terms and condition of the license agreement.
- You need to choose how to install Office 365 and select the option ‘Continue’
- Look at Mac’s space storage requirements or change the location of the installation
- Click on the option ‘Install’.
Tips– In case you wanted to install the standalone app and not the entire Office suite then click on the ‘Customization’ button and uncheck all the programs which you don’t want to use.
- Enter Mac’s login password, if asked.
- Click on the option ‘Install Software’
Please note– After this step, the software will start to install. Click on the option ‘Close’ after the installation gets over.
Install Office 365 on iPad
Microsoft Company offers its users with the three Office 365 apps (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) which are designed exclusively for iPad users. And each of them is installed separately, i.e. Standalone app.
Tips-If you’re using the 3rd generation or higher iPad then you can straightaway install ‘Microsoft Office Mobile’ which helps you with the install of Office 365 on your iPad with the mobile version of three Office apps by the use of the single interface.
Before going for installation of Office 365, make sure you meet with the system requirement-
- iPad must be running iOS 7.0 or later versions.
- Sufficient memory storage in your iPad
Check out the steps for the install of Office 365 on your iPad –
- Visit the ‘App Store’ on your iPad.
Note-You needs to use your iTunes account.
- Look for the ‘Search’ option and set up the filter along the top to ‘iPad only’.
- Enter the name of the Office app which you wanted to install from any three (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Click on the ‘Free’ button beside the Office 365 app.
Tips– Clicking on the button, a circle will appear over it to show the progress of the install. The installation may take some minutes depends on how fast your mobile data or Wi-Fi is.
- When the install of Office 365 gets over, the button will change to ‘Open’.
- Select the ‘Open’ button and you’ll be asked to log-in with your Microsoft Account and password.
- If prompted to select ‘Microsoft Account’ or ‘Organizational Account’. Select according to your wish.
- You’ll be redirected to Microsoft Office 365 account.
- Office 365 app is now activated and ready for the use.
Please note– The above steps are for the installation of Office 365 ProPlus on your iPad.