Based on user experience, Norton antivirus gives reliable services that protect users’ data against expanding cyber crimes. Not only this, but you also get security layers when an external device is connected with your computer via USB cables or wireless connections. People are not completely aware of the harms they can face by sharing and downloading files through online or infrared modes.
To avoid such risks, make sure you have a subscription of any Norton product. You can use the product on multiple devices, depending on your subscription, whether you use a Windows-based computer, Macintosh device, or Android phone. Just by following the system specification to install Norton Setup, you can improve the device’s performance and potential life. In case you do not have a licensed Norton antivirus product, follow the instructions below to get started with it.
- Purchase Norton subscription online:
- Login to your Norton account by visiting on Norton.com/setup or create a new account otherwise
- Click on the ‘X’ button at the top-right corner opposite to the Norton Setup option
- When directed to the ‘Get Started’ page, go to your main profile
- Go to Support> Forums, a new window will open
- Scroll to the bottom for the page and under Product section, select a product to explore its services
- Click Subscribe now and complete the billing process
- You will Receive a unique product key on the registered email address
- Keep the key/ mail secured and do not share it with anyone
- After getting your subscription, follow the steps to download and installation process
- Click the link to get on the website
- Click Sign In button for Sign in/ Sign up
- You will see a field to enter your Norton product key, type the key carefully
- Submit the key and download the software
- Open the recently downloaded folder and run Norton Setup
- Follow the on-screen instruction and complete the installation
- Do not suspend the running task, else it will create Norton installation error
- If you have purchased a Norton retail card, then insert the disk on your computer
- Open the newly loaded disk in My Computer folder
- Run Norton Setup/ Install Norton
- Enter your Norton product key in the field
- Follow the on-screen instruction and complete installation
After completing the installation process, run full pc scan. If any message appears saying product not activated or activate Norton, follow the process below.
- Launch Norton software on the screen and go to the Help section
- Check ‘Account Information’ and click ‘Enter Product key’
- When directed, enter the key in the field and submit
- Complete any further instruction
Review the subscription confirmation. As you receive the Norton activation confirmation mail, you can scan your pc and utilize other features.
While the activation process fails and shows the product key is not valid or other relevant messages, you may need to renew the subscription. In such a case, check your subscription details and go to Norton.com/setup for further assistance.